05 April, 2011

PIAF in TP

Say what you will about Rio Tinto (I will refrain, it's not a company town but it would be rude to gnaw the hand that incidentally feeds us), but they are not shy about flashing the cash and entertaining the residents of Tom Price.
Rio were a Perth International Arts Festival Children and Young People's Programme partner this year and used their PIAF contacts to bring 2 of the festival films to the North West. So TP residents were treated to another Saturday night double bill, this time at the Tom Price Performing Arts Centre.
TP Performing Arts Centre (where F will make her stage debut later this year as Hedgehog #1 in the school production of Wind in the Willows- more of that at a later date!)  
My date for the evening was Shirley from Horndean (Horndean is a hop and skip from Stubbington, home of Grandma and G). Shirl and I endured the hard, plastic chairs to watch 2 very gentle and pleasing movies. First up, Anthony Hopkins in the City of Your Final Destination, a Merchant Ivory production set predominantly in Uruguay (which probably wasn't Uruguay but made me want to go there anyway!). After an interval spent outside thawing after 2 hours in vigorous air-conditioning we braved the icy hall again for Summer Coda, an Aussie flick set in...Mildura. 
Not enough Jacki Weaver
I was conscious that I had rather dull photos with which to illustrate this post so I made the lovely Shirl pose with F & E in order to brighten every one's day...
In other news...Adam has a new car and since it is a (Land)Rover it gets a mention and a pic on this blog:
Ade muttered, "expensive to fix" (the Ade'n'Lou garage has only ever contained cars that need constant 'fixing'); I sighed, "it's so pretty". We both agreed it would look out of place in TP and wondered when Adam will be brave enough to take it off road...
Ade continues to enjoy his job, here is a boot tree at one of the camps he visited last week:
Only 3 weeks until Grandma and G arrive in TP, we are soooo excited!!!

8 comments:

  1. I saw Summer Coda on a plane somewhere and thought it very inconsequential but nice that you get some options of things to watch. I wonder if being in a small community makes you more likely to take advantage of all the options that are presented than in a city?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely taking advantage of everything on offer. Also enjoying Quickflix for expanding our viewing options, expecting Precious this week, hope I can cope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother definitely would not cope with Precious but I found it curiously uplifting and the acting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam is being duly brave and taking it out this weekend, as well as a short trip over Easter. Will keep Ade posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to see mud and scratches, anything less and Adam will be called "girly"!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious, I am excited about viewing, Ade less so! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey your seeing movies that I didnt get to see in Perth lol! Im also enjoying Quikflix, I will have to look up "precious"! Nads xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still haven't managed a movie on my own though Nads! A treat for my next trip back to Perth perhaps;) Really enjoyed Precious, not easy viewing though x

    ReplyDelete