25 April, 2011

Long post for the long weekend

So, did the good people of Tom Price take the opportunity of a very long weekend to leave town and enjoy themselves? No, they stayed in town and developed cardiac arrhythmias.
And did Easter visitors to the spectacular Karijini National Park stay safe and soak up the glorious  scenery? No, they threw themselves into gorges and broke bones.
A crazy few days at TP Hospital, looking forward to my holidays!
On a brighter note, Freya has developed a love of Scrabble. We don't have the Junior version so she plays grown-up scrabble with me. Here is our first game:
My "QUIET" on a triple word score was the game winner (Q on double letter score!). Do I sound inappropriately competitive? Ade thought so! We played again the next night and she beat me; well, I was helping her at every turn! Yeah, I know, inappropriately competitive.

So, while I was putting in the hours at TPHosp, Ade and the girls went off exploring...But first Esther needed to dress and pack for an afternoon in the bush...
Two bags of Littlest Petshop toys
They went out to Coppin Pool, a 58km drive which took a couple of hours.

Coppin Pool Reflections by Freya
Glorious!!
There are some Aboriginal carvings on the rocks
Creek bed, seven to cross on the way to Coppin Pool, pretty tricky in the wet!
It was a long day for the youngest Jonker fashionista:
 Today the intrepid 3 climbed Mount Sheila:
The kind of sign that gladdens Ade's heart :)
Bitumen-ised! My favourite kind of 4wd track :)
F & E at the summit of Mt Sheila (there is a Mt Bruce not far from TP too, I kid you not!)
Views from the top:
Spotted on the way home:
2.5km long train
Burgers
Happy Easter xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lou !! Gorgeous pictures ...your girls are growing up fast and are stunning ....whats that i hear , just like me you say ?!! Hope you are all well . I too worked over Easter which was pretty busy . Have got 5 days off now - oh lovely . We have got Shaun's Mum coming next week for a month so the girls are getting VERY excited . Hope to speak soon , miss you !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos:) We havent been to Coppin Pool, we'll have to come back for a visit!! Good effort on the mountain climbing, did the Littlest Petshop make it to the top to ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lisa, my mum and dad arrive this afternoon!!!! There are 3 VERY excited girls in our house!!! Have a great time with Shaun's mum, will she clean the oven and other useful things?! Miss you too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, thank you, please come back for a visit. p.s. who are you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, sorry its Nads, I dont know how to make it say from me!! Have a great time with your parents xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nads! Mum and Dad here now, already having a ball xx

    ReplyDelete