27 March, 2011

8 drumsticks

Chooky-la-la wasn't alone for long, she has been joined by three hen-pals with a laying pedigree (although the heat is still delayin' the layin' for most of the TP chooks- or so I am told...).
Henny, Penny and Jenny (who is making sure Penny has some tail feathers to shake).
The latest additions are called Henny, Penny and Jenny (acknowledgements to Pop re names). Chooky-la-la is an 'Isa Brown', if someone out there can help me identify H, P & J's breed I would be v grateful.
It was my intention that they wouldn't have to contemplate the axe unless we went 6 months without an egg, however today they ate my seedlings...
I would set the cat on them but he has rather lost his nerve now that he's outnumbered :)
Ade requested that I post this picture of one of his new work colleagues...
I don't think she's very pretty.
Last night the TP Drive-In was in operation, the double feature was a fundraiser for TP SHS.
Rotten pics coutesy of m'iPhone, Pentax is back but ran out of battery juice :(
They showed 'Yogi Bear' which we stayed for and 'The Next Three Days' which we didn't; this was due to young children and not Russell Crowe but today I found this review: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2010/aug/25/russell-crowe-the-next-three-days
and I was both pleased and disappointed to have missed it! Could have lived without Yogi Bear but the girls enjoyed the movie and the opportunity to hang out with their pals.
Esther awaits complete darkness!
Today I played netball............................(long pause for effect).........................I haven't played since school and by 'school' I mean primary school so I you-tubed netball all of yesterday for tips and a rules refresher! Today was grading, A or B. I probably could've saved myself the embarrassment of actually playing since I am definitely a B minus. I rolled both ankles, not the best start to the season, and was completely exhausted despite not even playing a full game. Still, for me it's about exercise and camarardarie and I'm hoping there are other gals of a similar age/standard in the B minus grade to make it a level playing field (court!).
Me, rubbish in defense :(
  Postscript: it is the next morning and I HURT all over!

6 comments:

  1. very very brave - given the Aussie's netball reputation!!! So you're really A+ for the UK! Well done;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bev, feeling better having talked to some of the other netball girls today and discovered they hurt as much as I do! So I'm on a par fitness-wise, just got to work on my skills...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that I played my first season of netball in grade 4- our team was called the Gumnuts and had a fetching brown and green uniform. I played GK or WD. We were undefeated in our first season and got our photo in the Hills Gazette and I think I may even still have the clipping....so looking forward to seeing your pic in the Tom Price News!! Love L. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, Lies, Gumnuts...cute! Our team is 'Nameless', after the mountain, geddit?? I am open to defensive tips, I think I am happier attacking. Should I confess that in a public forum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go the Netball - one thing I certainly miss here in France - am very jealous, used to love the Wednesday night match with my colleagues in Reading. Certainly keeps you fit - but watch out for the nasty nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Sian! Nasty nails, evil elbows, feisty feet...so much to avoid! First game Monday, if you make it to TP I'll ensure you have a guest spot in the Nameless 2 team xxx

    ReplyDelete