06 February, 2011

w/e

A promising start to the weekend: great play by the pool, girls modelling their new bathers courtesy of Grandma and G. Esther's friend Chris was there with his brother and the kids all had a play.

That evening I got a call from work to see if I could work the night shift...I was on call so it would have been ungracious of me to say "no". My first night shift was largely uneventful, although a patient coming in from one of the mines was delayed when the ambulance he was in hit a cow (both the ambulance and the cow were written off). So 1 patient became 3 since the ambos needed checking out too!
Project 'cut and paste' completed while I napped on Saturday, F & E did an excellent job of fancying up a very ugly magazine holder didn't they?
Our Sunday has been very creative too. This morning we planted seeds.
My improvised dibber
Parsley, basil, capsicum, chilli, lettuce, tomatoes and sunflowers, planted in pots wombled from a garage sale yesterday. Not a huge selection of seeds available in tp though we have strawberries yet to plant, will have to search online.
The afternoon starts with some 'family dancing', Freya's idea; naturally Ade did not take part. The afternoon ends with me having a snooze in preparation for more nights, Ade roasting pork and the girls watching 'Addams Family Values' for the x-teenth time.

No comments:

Post a Comment