27 May, 2011

Kings Lake and Grandma's birthday

As Grandma and G's Pilbara adventure came to an end we made the most of the sunshine and drove to Kings Lake, a pretty picnic spot just out of town, for a game of frisbee and to practise our soccer skills.

Sadly you can't swim in the lake; at the first rain effluent from the nearby sewage pond flows into Kings Lake :(
Happily it doesn't pong :)
We celebrated Grandma's birthday and Grandma and G's last evening in TP with a Thai feast.

Grandma's birthday cake was an apple cake with maple sauce. There was rather too much cake mix for the tin I was using so I had some oven spillage (and a little bit of difficulty removing the cake from its tin post cooking!); however,while it didn't look all that, it tasted marvellous (if I do say so myself!). It was a very happy birthday :)
Happy Birthday Grandma xx
As I post this Grandma and G have been back in the UK for just over a week, we miss them terribly.
We had such a wonderful time and can't wait to see Grandma and G next year, only 44 weeks to go...xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hey u, loving the posts and good to see you had such a good time with G&G :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All
    Had supper with your mum & dad (alias G&G) on Sat & heard all about their stay and how you are all doing-I so admire your pioneering spirit Louise!& how you are coping with everything. We are all OK and Rog & I off to Portugal for (I hope) a bit of sun for a week. Veggies growing well-just had the first broad beans-yum! Give the girls a hug & love to you all-keep up the blogs-Love Sue and Roger

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lovely Englands! Sarah, I got your message today and promise to reply as promptly as I ever do ;) Sue, I have veggie envy although Ade and I did have home grown salad for our lunch yesterday (nothing fancy, just leaves!!). Looking forward to seeing you all next Easter xxxx

    ReplyDelete