15 January, 2012

Anniversary

One year ago to the day we rolled into Tompers.
As with many of the big moves I've made in my life I look back and feel rather nauseous at the enormity of what I was doing; however, anticipation and adventure seem to have been powerful anti-emetics and I don't recall any queasiness on January 15 2011.
We have all settled in and made friends and I am happy.

Our status quo will be jolted next month when Ade returns to Perth to have his right knee replaced. His knees are old before their time after a motor bike accident in his youth and consequent arthritis. The knee replacement is large surgery but the plan (at the moment) is that me and the girls stay in TP while he is away, since the op coincides with the first day of the school year. I am very uneasy at this prospect but Ade doesn't understand why, he is (typically) indifferent about my presence during his hospitalisation and immediate rehabilitative phase. I should like to encourage our Perth friends to pay him a visit post-operatively but I fear he will be (typically) indifferent! However, if you know Ade and understand that his lack of enthusiasm about anything without wheels does not mean that he is not very touched and grateful for your effort and concern...please go and see him and give him a hug from L, F and E!

P.S. Heidi was a fizzer!

1 comment:

  1. I know that Ade is not indifferent at the thought of being away from you and Freya and Esther! He knows that he will miss you as much as you will miss him and as much as we miss you all! M&D xxx

    ReplyDelete